Saffron Rice Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup long-grain, white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Pinch saffron threads
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan or pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions while stirring in the rice to coat with the butter.
- Pour in the chicken stock, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Cover, turn the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork before serving.